Android Apps Spotlight: Game Review of Cheese Tower
What is Cheese Tower all about?
Cheese Tower plans to bring back the age-old rivalry between cats and mice, in the form a physics-based puzzler. Jimmy, a retired military cat, now responsible for guarding cheese, spots a few mice sneaking some. So, he sets off, using his cunning abilities, to save the day (or the cheese)!
Set in a world where mice can shape-shift to look like blocks of cheese, Cheese Tower's gameplay is slightly similar to that of Jenga-tower stacking, only in this game, you don't replace the blocks on top of an unstable tower.
There are two kinds of blocks: yellow - cheese blocks, and grey - mice blocks. The objective of the game is to get rid of all the grey blocks, while saving as many of the yellow ones as you can. Lose three cheese blocks, and its game over!
The controls are pretty simple: all you have to do is tap on the grey blocks to remove them. Once you have done that, you have to wait for the tower to re-stabilize and then make another move.
Different levels have different shaped blocks stacked in different formations. In all, Cheese Tower offers four game modes/level packs:
- Kid: Kid is the simplest of all level packs. The first level starts off with a short, introductory back story. The first few levels have simple square grey and yellow blocks stacked in different formations. As you progress, the difficulty increases when blocks of different shapes and sizes are introduced. In all, there are 25 levels in Kid, with 75 blocks of cheese to save. Collect 30 and you can unlock the next level pack - Normal.
- Normal: In normal, apart from a higher difficulty level, a new element is introduced - the ice cube. Tapping on the ice cube freezes time (usually for a second or two), during which you can remove as many blocks as you can. Again, you get 25 levels in all, with 75 blocks of cheese to save. Save 70, and you can unlock the next level pack - Expert.
- Expert: In expert, the difficulty level is kicked up a few notches higher - in the sense that, in each level, there are fewer blocks of cheese, so you can take lesser risks. Apart from the ice cube (introduced in the previous level), another new obstacle is introduced - a static box/frame/shelf. It remains fixed to the wall behind, and it diverts the falling blocks away from the platform underneath. While in some cases, it might help by balancing the tower above it; on others, it makes the gameplay considerably difficult. Again, 25 levels and 75 blocks of cheese to save. Save 120 (in total), and you'll be on the last level pack - Insane!
- Insane: In insane, a brand new and very different element is introduced: a disco themed block, which brings unexpected twists. As you tap on it, it can take any shape - can become either one of more cheese blocks, one or more mice blocks, or a combination of the two. If you repeat the level, the result will not be the same i.e., tapping on it changes it differently every time. Paired with the elements from the previous levels, it makes the gameplay extremely tough, and equally interesting.
The newest update brings a new, St. Patrick's Day level pack, with 25 more levels.
Why should you play Cheese Tower?
1. Cheese Tower's simple gameplay makes for a very addictive gaming experience. The difficulty slowly progresses, so it keeps the player hooked.
2. The physics is pretty accurate. Also, on some levels, where you need to move quickly to save the cheese blocks, the game slows down for you, so you can make your move.
3. The different elements introduced on different level packs add a welcome touch to the overall gameplay.
4.Once you use your collected cheese to unlock a level pack, your account doesn't get voided. You just have to collect the difference between what you have, and what is needed, to unlock the next one.
5. If you need another reason to play this game, it is totally free on Google Play!
What needs to be improved?
1. Cheese Tower gives its players, a very little margin for error. Make one wrong move, and your tower will be down in no time. It adds to the overall difficulty of the gameplay, but on some levels, it gets irritating!
In short, Cheese Tower is not for impatient gamers as you may have to wait for sometime till the tower recovers its equilibrium to make your next move.
Android Requirement: 2.0 and up
Current Version: 2.1
Download: You can download this app from Google Play here: Cheese Tower
Android Apps Spotlight’s Verdict on Cheese Tower:
In all, Cheese Tower is an extremely fun game to play that will keep you booked for sometime. The simple gaming style, the accurate physics, the different elements - all add to the gaming experience. As an added bonus, the game is totally free on Google Play, with no hidden conditions!
But this game isn't for someone looking for a fast-paced gaming experience. You have to be really patient till the tower settles to make your next move.
Considering all this, Android Apps Spotlight gives Cheese Tower an 8/10.
Few days back one of my dear friend Maria came to visit me. Like always we got in to our talks and then eventually she told me that for past few months she has been experiencing severe tingling in her arm at night. Being unaware of the cause, she usually used to wake up with cramps in her hands causing intense pain and discomfort. And for the past one month, she has been suffering more numbing and pain in her elbow, arm and even fingers that most of the times she's unable to sleep at night. Getting worried of her condition, we decided to visit a doctor to diagnose the actual causes and cure for the disorder.
Arm tingling at night usually occurs suddenly and may sustain for few seconds to couple of minutes at night and in extreme cases even till next morning. Although tingling in arm is not a life-threatening disorder, there are various causes ranging from severe to mild that contribute to its occurrence.
Causes of Arm tingling
- Nerve Compression: One of the most common cause of arm tingling is compression of the nerve running from our central nervous system to the arm. This compression interrupts the blood circulation to the arm due to which the arm goes numb. There are various causes for nerve compression like peripheral neuropathy, infections, injuries, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Ganglion Cysts: Ganglion cyst is a swelling or tumor that develops on the wrists and hands, especially the area around the joints and tendons. Though it is not painful and can be removed with the help of surgery, it is also a common cause for arm tingling at night.
- Raynaud's Syndrome: Raynaud's Syndrome is a debilitating condition which is characterized by vasospastic attacks or narrowing of the blood vessels of the fingers and the toes. Quite common in women, it is mainly triggered by emotional stress or extreme cold that causes fingers of the arms to become numb. The attack may last for few minutes to hours causing severe tingling and whitening of the fingers and arms.
- Angina: Angina is a severe health condition which occurs due to thickening of the blood arteries due to reduced oxygen supply to the heart. Intense chest pain with tingling in the arm is one of the prime symptoms of this heart disorder.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS): Carpal tunnel syndrome is another common cause of arm tingling at night in which the median nerve gets compressed at the wrist, causing paresthesias, tingling and muscle weakness in the hand. The most effective treatment for this syndrome is carpal tunnel release surgery which relieves the symptoms and prevents further nerve damage.
- Other Causes: Wrong sleeping postures, alcoholism, vitamin deficiency, poor eating habits, etc., are some other causes for arm tingling, pain at night.
Symptoms of Arm tingling
- Loss of sensation in hands and fingers
- Burning sensation
- Tingling in arms and hands
- Severe tingling with sharp pain
- Muscle cramps or spasms
The treatment for arm tingling at night primarily depends on the underlying cause. Therefore, it is recommended to consult a doctor for necessary treatment and medications. However, avoid straining the arm or the elbow joints. Trying to sleep with your arms straight to enable easy blood flow, taking over the counter anti-inflammatory medications, etc., are some simple yet effective ways of treating arm tingling. Having a balanced diet and regular exercise like a brisk walk for 30 minutes will also be very beneficial.
Home Remedies for Arm Tingling
In addition to eating a healthy diet full of vegetables, there are more great remedies that can alleviate this situation.
- Vitamin B: Taking a vitamin B complex can really help alleviate arm tingling and carpal tunnel symptoms. Even if you take a good multivitamin, taking a vitamin B complex can really help.
- Magnesium: Many times, leg and arm cramps are caused by a lack of magnesium in our diets. Taking a magnesium supplement each day can really help stop the muscle cramps. Magnesium can upset the stomach at times. Try 200 mg per day of a good quality magnesium supplement from Doctor’s Best and see how that works.
- Avoid coffee: Drinking too much caffeine or coffee throughout the day can cause the body to lose too many nutrients through the urine. By limiting coffee, you might find your symptoms lessening or going away.
- Move: So many of us sit at a desk or a computer all day long and never get up and move. Pay attention to how you sit. Do you lean on your left or right arm a lot during the day while working at your desk? This can certain cause arm and shoulder pain. Get up and move every half hour or sooner. Walk around, stretch and most importantly, swing your arms, as if you are a conductor for an orchestra and this really helps the blood circulation.
- Posture: Once again, as we sit at our desks and computers all day, pay attention to how you are sitting. Practice good posture all day long. Sit straight and do not put strain on your back, shoulders and arms by slouching.
- Stretching: While standing up during a break, rotate your wrists, put your fingers together and press. This can also help with carpal tunnel.
- Yoga: Taking up yoga can really help alleviate these tingling symptoms. It is all about stretching and moving.
The above combined with a healthy diet including plenty of vegetables can really help you feel and sleep better.
Do penis pumps work? Making use of a penis pump is one of the most common ways men attempt to obtain a larger penis. A penis pump is a simple device with a hollow tube where you can put your penis. It sucks blood into the penis by creating a vacuum. The blood then gets caught in the penis by means of a rubber ring placed around the base. This ring allows your penis to maintain its erection so you can make love without losing the erection.
By creating a vacuum-type seal around the penis by pulling blood to the surface, it engorges your member and makes it appear larger. The sensations can be pleasant at first, but your penis will eventually return to its former size, which is the bad part and the reason why these devices are a waste of money. These pumps are generally used by men who suffer from chronic insulin dependent diabetes or circulatory disorders.
Men afflicted with these conditions have such poor blood circulation due to their sugar metabolism that they can't get enough blood flowing into the area. With the suction created by the pump, the penis's skin and underlying tissues are being stretch. The ring clamps off the blood flow and consequently traps the blood in the penis, making it look thicker and capable of sustaining erection. With the clamp firmly in place, men then can have sex with their partners. However, once you take the clamp off, the erection goes away.
Penis pumps are of greatest benefit when the penis is already erect or when you still have not achieved a full erection. The enlargement effect however is not long lasting and will disappear quickly once pumping ceases or if you remove the ring that keeps the blood pumped into the penis. Having said all these, penis pumps do not cause your penis to grow; they can only help you achieve fuller and harder erections temporarily.
Despite the obvious benefit one gains from using a penis pump, many men and their partners don't like the device because the erection it produces is not "normal." Some pump users complain that their penis feels numb or that it becomes discolored, misshapen, and cold to the touch. Other couples are uneasy about the interruption of intimacy it brings to lovemaking. Also, some men find that the constriction ring at the base of the penis causes mild discomfort upon ejaculation.
Penis pumps can be dangerous if used improperly. Take caution when using one and ensure that whatever pump you use has a reliable pressure gauge and that you follow the instructions closely. Furthermore, using the wrong kind of vacuum pump and using it too often can burst blood vessels in the penis, peel skin, cause general pain, and soreness. They also tend to thin out the penis, making it very weak and reducing the duration of erections. There are some cases of penis pumps even deforming the penis. Some men have found out that after using a penis pump for a period of time, the only way they would be able to obtain an erection is with the pump.
The major problems associated with pumps are:
1. The results are rarely permanent since you're simply sucking blood into your penis. The penis is not actually strengthened nor does it increase in length or girth.
2. You run the risk of getting lymph blisters on the glands of your penis from the device that you're putting over it.
3. You take the risk of bleeding from ruptured capillaries. Sucking a lot of blood abruptly into your penis can rupture some penile blood vessels.
4. You run the risk of temporary impotence as a consequence of forcing blood to your penis for a period of time.
Although pumps do work temporarily (usually for about half an hour) this is unsuitable for spontaneous occasions and these devices have been known to leave scars, bruises and in some cases gangrene, causing much pain to the penis. Pumps work by placing a tube over your penis and then pumping the air out of the tube. This temporarily swells the penis, but does not increase the blood capacity in the cells of the penis, which is crucial in achieving permanent size gains.
Artificial grass turf requires little maintenance. In fact, you can dispose your lawnmower if you have artificial turf. However, you still need to clean your artificial turf so you can keep it in top shape. Be sure though to check the warranty terms for your artificial grass turf. Using improper cleaning agents for your artificial turf may void the warranty. So here are some few tips on how to choose the best cleaning agent for your artificial turf.
Avoid Toxic Cleaning Agents
If you use toxic or harsh cleaning agents for your artificial turf, not only will you void the warranty on it but you can also damage the fibers of the artificial grass turf. So always avoid using cleaning agents with alcohol and harsh acids. Your artificial turf will degenerate faster if you use such cleaning agents.
However, you can use bleach but you have to dilute it. A good ratio would be 10 parts water and 1 part bleach. This solution is good for removing stains on the turf. Be sure though to rinse the bleach solution thoroughly because bleach can leave an unpleasant smell and may cause skin irritation.
Detergents and Water
When using detergents to clean your artificial turf, you must not use industrial strength powders. What you can use are low suds and neutral detergents. On a pail of water, dissolve 2 scoops of neutral detergent and apply the soapy solution using a soft bristle scrub or rough cloth. Detergents are best for spot cleaning artificial turf. These cleaning agents are good for removing dog poop stains on your artificial grass turf.
Detergents are also best to remove oily stains from the turf. They can dissolve the oil so you can prevent dirt from adhering to the grass fibers. However, make sure to rinse the soapy area because soap suds can attract bacteria and may cause skin irritations.
Vinegar solution is one of the safest and most effective cleaning agents for your artificial grass turf. You can use 5 percent pure distilled and undiluted vinegar to remove tough dirt on your artificial turf. Put the vinegar in a hand sprayer and apply it on the area where tough stains and dirt are present. You also need to rinse the vinegar with water in order to remove the smell from your artificial turf.
For cleaning a wide area, you can use diluted vinegar mixed with water. Mix one part vinegar with 3 parts water and apply it on the turf. Again, you have to rinse the vinegar solution to remove the smell.
Using Plain Water
For regular cleaning and maintenance, you can simply wash the artificial grass turf with water. Use a hose and start spraying water on the turf. This is ideal if you just want to remove dust on your artificial turf. There are also enzymes and disinfectant that are especially made for artificial grass fibers. You can apply these special cleaning agents on your artificial turf in order to keep it free from bacteria and germs.